Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 3 (IANS) A 22-year-old railway employee was electrocuted on Saturday while working in the yard at Thiruvananthapuram station, said officials.
Dathu, a native of Andhra Pradesh, got the railway job under the sports quota (gymnastics) and was deputed to the electrical division.
According to sources, Dathu came in contact with high-tension wires when he climbed to the top of a train compartment. He was immediately rushed to hospital but was declared brought dead.
Officials said that a probe will be conducted into the incident.
A Covid-19 test will also be done on the body after which it will be handed over to the family.