ICICI Bank in collaboration with Amazon India launched the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card in October 2018. This credit card soon gained popularity among online shoppers as a result of its multifaceted features and benefits. What makes this credit card so sought-after is that it helps you save even while you spend, due to its cashback offers. Furthermore, the ICICI Credit Card is exempt from any joining or annual fee and has no expiry on the rewards earned.
Here’s a deep dive into the features, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, and application procedure for the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card:
Features and Benefits of the Amazon ICICI Credit Card:
Annual/ Joining Fee Exemption
The Amazon Credit Card has no annual or joining fee and can be accessed free of charge. If you’re looking for a card with low or zero annual/joining fees that is best for shopping, this card is meant for you.
Lifetime Credit Card
The ICICI Credit Card is entirely free of charge for a lifetime and is packed with rewards that do not have an expiry date. Hence, allowing you to benefit from rewards endlessly.
The rewards that you earn through the Amazon Credit Card are often in the form of cashbacks. Each reward point is equal to ₹1 and will be transferred to your Amazon Pay account balance as cashback.
Here’s a breakdown of the cashback offers that you can expect:
- The credit card offers a 1% cashback on all kinds of transactions such as insurance payments, shopping, travel expenses, dining and more.
- A cashback of 5% on Amazon transactions for users of Amazon Prime
- Those who do not use Amazon Prime, a cashback of 3% on Amazon transactions
- If you login through the Amazon payment mode, you can get up to 2% cashbacks on more than 10 Crore products at over 100 merchants partnered with Amazon
The credit card has a welcome rewards programme that’s exclusive for users of Amazon.
Here’s an overview of all the welcome benefits:
- As a welcome benefit, a bonus of ₹300 to ₹600 will be added to your Amazon Pay account balance.
- On your first bill payment or purchase on Amazon, you earn a cashback of ₹150*
- On making prepaid mobile payments you can get a cashback of 50% that equates to ₹100*
- On payments made for gas cylinders, you can earn 10% cashback that is equivalent to ₹125*
- On making postpaid mobile payments you can get a 25% cashback that equates to ₹300*
- On paying your electricity bill you can earn a cashback of 20% that adds up to ₹250*
- On paying your broadband bills, you get a 25% cashback that equates to ₹350*
- A complimentary 3 month membership of EazyDiner Prime that is worth ₹1,095*
No Cost EMI
If you frequently shop on Amazon, you can enjoy the No Cost EMI feature for items worth above ₹3,000 through the Amazon ICICI Credit Card with a tenure of 3 and 6 months.
No Maximum Capping on the Cashback
The cherry on the cake with the Amazon credit card is that there is absolutely no cap on the maximum Amazon Pay account balance that you can earn as cashback. Thereby making it an excellent pick if you want to enjoy unlimited cashbacks.
Exclusive Benefits for ICICI Bank Customers
If you are an ICICI credit card user, through the Culinary Treats Programme you can save up to 15% on dining at more than 2,500 restaurants all over India. Additionally, you can get a 1% waiver on fuel payments at all petrol stations around the country.
ICICI credit cards have an embedded microchip that provides protection against card duplication and counterfeiting. They have a unique PIN (Personal Identification Number) that acts as an additional layer of security. This PIN will have to be entered on the machine while making a transaction. This PIN is not necessary while making a transaction online. However, ICICI credit cards allow you to access 3D Secure which is an added authentication measure to keep your card safe and secure.
You can get the Amazon Pay ICICI Card if you qualify under the following eligibility criteria:
- Aged 18 – 60 years
- Salaried/ Self-employed
- A minimum income of ₹25,000 and ₹35,000 for ICICI bank customers and others respectively
Furthermore, here’s a list of the documents that you’d need to submit :
Identity proof: Passport, Overseas Citizen of India card, Driver’s Licence, PAN card, Person of Indian Origin Card, Voter’s ID, Aadhar card, NREGA Job card, UIDAI issued letter or other government authorised photo identity proof.
Address proof: Utility bills, Aadhar card, Ration card, Person of Indian Origin card, Passport, Document of Property Registration, NREGA Job card, Overseas Citizen of India card, statement of bank account, or other address documents approved by the government.
Income proof: Form 16, Bank statement of the last three months, salary slips that are not older than 3 months.
The application procedure for the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card:
You can apply for this credit card either on the official portal of ICICI Bank or on Amazon. Additionally, you can opt for an online or offline mode. Your application for the credit card will only be processed after you complete the KYC authentication procedure.
To complete the KYC authentication online, follow the given steps:
- Visit ICICI Bank’s official website
- Complete the KYC procedure
- Provide details of your Aadhaar Card and PAN
- A bank official will contact you for a verification that is video-based
- You would be required to answer a few questions and show your PAN card’s original copy to the official.
To complete the KYC authentication offline, you’d need to follow the step mentioned below:
- Once you apply for the card and opt for an offline mode of verification, an official of the bank will visit the address provided by you and verify the documents in person.
The Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card is a great choice if you shop often on Amazon. It has an attractive rewards programme that offers cashbacks on all your transactions and also provides exclusive benefits. The card’s welcome rewards let you enjoy a cashback of up to ₹1,700 on your daily transactions such as bill payments and mobile recharges. Moreover, the ICICI card is equipped with an additional microchip that protects you against atrocious acts such as forgery.