Lucknow, Aug 11 (IANS) Two ATMs installed at the Charbagh railway station caught fire on Tuesday noon, apparently due to short circuit.
As soon as smoke started billowing out of the section where the ATMs were installed, a security guard alerted the RPF and GRP personnel who rushed to the spot and fire tenders were called in.
The ATM of Indian Bank was completely gutted and so was the currency stored in it. The other ATM of Punjab National Bank was partially burnt.
Surprisingly, no fire extinguishers were installed in the area.
Railway officials said that an inquiry into the incident would soon be ordered.