अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
cyfy
Home » World » Bizarre! Man accidentally burns down his flat while proposing to girlfriend

Bizarre! Man accidentally burns down his flat while proposing to girlfriend

In a series of posts on Twitter, the fire service explained the chain of events that led to the fiery proposal.

By Newsd
Updated on :

A shocking incident came to light as a man’s romantic proposal plans turned out as big failure as he accidentally set fire to his own flat after lighting hundreds of tea light candles.

The South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service responded to a flat fire in Sheffield on Monday night.

It was established after the fire had been dealt with that it was caused by a man who left hundreds of tea light candles burning while he left the flat to pick his girlfriend up from work.

In a series of posts on Twitter, the fire service explained the chain of events that led to the fiery proposal. The man, who is not identified, set the scene for his proposal with balloons and a bottle of wine, before lighting masses of candles.

“This was going to be the scene of a romantic proposal and the occupant, a chap who we shall not name, had really gone to town!” said the fire service.

The man then left the flat, with the candles still burning, to go “round the corner to pick his girlfriend up”, thinking the scene would be “ready for the big moment”.

But when they returned, the flat was burnt down to flames.

The thread added that the firefighters dealt with the fire quickly and nobody was injured.

As a bonus, she said YES!

Related

Latests Posts


Editor's Choice


Trending