Today, your improved lavish looking lives often comes at the cost of sacrificing our health. If you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything, so taking care of your body should be your number one priority.
It is important to set up a healthy routine and keep it consistent in order to lead a happy life. As recommended by the experts, a healthy diet with balanced mount of each nutrient is essential, Proteins being the foremost.
Proteins are essential nutrients for the human body as they are one of the building blocks of body tissue and can also serve as a fuel source. Protein is a compound comprised of chains of smaller molecules known as amino acids. Your tissues such as muscles, ligaments, nails, tendons, hair, organs and skin as are all made up from proteins. Even the hormones, enzymes and various chemicals that are essential to life are made up of this nutrient protein.
Protein is a nutrient needed by the human body for growth and maintenance. People who exercise regularly need more protein to support muscle recovery, strength and growth. One should consume protein at the right time and in the adequate amount throughout the day to maintain their muscle growth.
Below, is the table of food products with their nutritional values:
FOOD PRODUCT (PER 100g)
Dietary sources of protein include both animals and plants: meats, dairy products, fish and eggs, as well as grains, legumes and nuts. Vegans can get enough essential amino acids by eating plant proteins.
Some of the best examples of protein-rich food products for regular use are:
1. EGGS: When we talk about proteins, we cannot afford to miss eggs as they are undoubtedly loaded with high amounts of proteins. You can have hard-boiled eggs before going to the gym.
2. NUTS: A handful of nuts can be sufficient to provide you with enough proteins. Include healthy nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and cashews in your workout nutrition plan.
3. DAIRY PRODUCTS: Not only are dairy foods like milk, cheese, and yogurt excellent sources of protein, but they also contain valuable calcium, and many are fortified with vitamin D. Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are examples of dairy product foods which are a rich source of protein for vegetarians.
4. LEGUMES: The most common varieties of legumes are beans. These include adzuki beans, black beans, soybeans, anasazi beans, fava beans, chickpeas, kidney beans and lima beans. Peanuts are also a rich source of protein which comes under this category.
5. GRAINS: Grains are a staple source of calories, carbohydrates, b-vitamins, and protein. Whole unrefined grains provide more protein for each carb because the bran and germ of grains contain the most protein per carb. Some of the high protein grains are millets, quinoa, oatmeal, kamut, teff and wild rice.
6. MEAT: Fishes and chicken breasts are also the best sources of protein. They consist of a high amount of protein with the lower amount of carbohydrate and fat, which make them the lean source of protein, means they will help you to build muscles and at the same time maintains your body weight and holds it.