Carole Baskin Biography: Carole Baskin, who was born on June 6, 1961, captured the world’s attention as the co-subject of Netflix’s immensely popular 2020 documentary “Tiger King.” The film centred on Baskin’s feud with private zoo proprietor Joe Exotic. As the CEO and founder of the non-profit animal sanctuary large Cat Rescue, Baskins is passionate about the care and rehabilitation of captive large cats. We’ll assist you in commemorating her special day.
Carole Baskin Biography: Net Worth
|Birth date:||June 6, 1961|
|Net Worth||$7 million|
The enduring feud between Carole Baskin and former private zoo owner Joe Exotic will be featured in “Tiger King,” a Netflix true crime documentary series that will be a global phenomenon in 2020. Baskin is now firmly entrenched in the post-pandemic zeitgeist, lauded for her advocacy for the plight of large cats but mocked for her shady past.
Carole Baskin Career
Baskin was born in Bexar County, Texas, on June 6, 1961. Her zodiac sign is Gemini, and she is of Caucasian descent. She is the daughter of Vernon and Mary Stairs, two conservative Christian parents. As a youth, she exhibited a strong desire to pursue a career in veterinary medicine, but instead she became an animal rights activist.
Before the age of 20, Baskin ran away from home as a teenager. She was homeless, and escaped an abusive marriage with her only child, Jamie. She then married her second spouse, Don Lewis. In 1992, the couple founded the Big Cat Rescue sanctuary with him by her side.
Her determination to enhance the lives of the animals she rescued put her on a collision course with the now-incarcerated Joe Exotic, and their toxic conflict became the subject of the 2020 hit television series “Tiger King.”
Baskin has continued to live and work quietly since her improbable rise to prominence, but she has been the subject of much speculation and ridicule, particularly in regards to the disappearance of her ex-husband Don Lewis.
Carole Baskin Biography: Facts
- Baskin has produced podcasts, television programmes, and YouTube channels, and she also hosts her own podcast, “The Cat Chat.”
- She ran away from her conservative family at the age of 15 and married her employer at the age of 17.
- Baskin assisted her second spouse Don Lewis with his real estate business when they were first married.
- She filed a lawsuit against Joe Exotic’s company, Greater Wynnewood Development Group, LLC, and in 2020 was awarded ownership of his former private menagerie.
- It is difficult to believe that this advocate for the rights and plight of large cats is allergic to them.