Check deleted topics of CBSE 12th Physics Syllabus 2020-21: The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, has reduced up to 30% of the class 12th Physics Syllabus for the next academic year (2020-21). The decision is taken in view to reduce course load on students owing to the COVID-19 crisis
We have provided the details of the topics which have been deleted by the CBSE.
Deleted chapters/topics from CBSE 12th Physics Syllabus 2020-21:
Chapter-1 Electric charges and fields
– Uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
Chapter-3 Current Electricity
– Carbon resistors, colour code for carbon resistors
– Series and parallel combinations of resistors
Chapter-4 Moving Charges and Magnetism
Chapter-5 Magnetism and Matter
– Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis
– Torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field
– Para-, dia- and ferro – magnetic substances, with examples.
– Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths,
– Permanent magnets.
Chapter-7 Alternating Current
– Power factor
– Wattless current
Chapter 8 Electromagnetic Waves
– Basic idea of displacement current
Chapter 9 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
– Reflection of light,
– Spherical mirrors,(recapitulation)
– Mirror formula
– Scattering of light – blue colour of sky and reddish appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
– Resolving power of microscope and astronomical telescope,
– Plane polarised light
– Brewster’s law,
– Uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids
Chapter-11 Dual Nature of radiation and matter
– Davisson-Germer experiment
Chapter 13 Nuclei
– Radioactivity, alpha, beta and gamma particles/rays and their properties
– Radioactive decay law, half life and mean life
– Binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number
Chapter 14 Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
– Zener diode and their characteristics,
– Zener diode as a voltage regulator
Practicals: No investigatory project and Activity to be demonstrated
8 experiments ( clubbed based on skills ) in place of 12.