With reports emerging of six confirmed case In India, the deadly Coronavirus also known as COVID-19 cases has been exploding all over the globe, travellers are panicking and most of the people are cancelling their abroad trip for the sake of their personal safety.
At press time, more than 3,000 people have died around the globe from the novel coronavirus and infections have been reported in dozens of countries and at least 10 states. The skyrocketing numbers of coronavirus cases and the growing death toll has had worldwide travel ramifications, forcing the cancellation of major conferences.
Talking about safety here are the safety measures that needed to be adopted due to the outbreak of Coronavirus which will help you limit the spread of germs and prevent infection:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
- Disinfect doorknobs, switches, handles, computers, telephones, bedside tables, bathroom sinks, toilets, counters, toys and other surfaces that are commonly touched around the home or workplace.
How to Treat Coronavirus?
- As told there is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for coronavirus. People with coronavirus should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms.
- For severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ functions.
- People who think they may have been exposed to Coronavirus should contact their healthcare provider immediately.