Daughter’s Day 2020: As the name suggests, Daughter’s day is celebrated for all the daughters in the family. In India and across the globe, Daughter’s day is observed on the fourth Sunday of September. However, this year it will be celebrated on September 27th. Just like Father’s day and Monther’s day, on this day we cherish having daughters and the wonderful bond and love that they share with us.
Daughters’ Day 2020: History and Relevance
In India, there has always been a stigma of being a female or girl child. However, there is a drastic change now in some big cities but in smaller cities, there is still a problem. Earlier, Daughter’s day was celebrated to remove the stereotype. The main aim to celebrate this day was to make people realise that girls are not burdens, it also reminds people of the importance of having a daughter and precious she is.
How can you celebrate Daughter’s day?
Parents can celebrate this day in many ways. They should make their girl child feel special and treat her equally like boys. Take them out for a movie or dinner and making them feel special with precious gifts. Daughter’s day can also be celebrated by not following practices like dowry and by respecting all females.
When is Daughter’s Day celebrated?
- India: September 27
- USA: September 27
- UK: September 27
- Canada: September 27
- Germany: September 27
Daughters’ Day 2020: Best quotes and wishes
- Daughters are angels sent from above to fill our heart with unending love.
- To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.
- A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
- Honor your daughters. They are honorable.
- A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious, and your love for her knows no bounds.