The Delhi Metro services will be partially curtailed on the 26th of January, 2016 (Republic Day) as part of the security arrangements for the Republic Day celebrations as per the instructions of Delhi Police.
Metro schedules of Line – 2 (HUDA City Centre – Jahangirpuri), Line – 3 (Noida City Centre – Dwarka Sector 21), Line -4 (Yamuna Bank to Vaishali) have been partially modified for 26th January 2016 (Tuesday).
HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli (Line 2)
- Entry and exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan metro stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon.
- Patel Chowk and Lok Kalyan Marg metro stations entry and exit will remain closed from 8:45am to 12 noon.
- Central Secretariat station will only be used for interchange of passengers between Line 2 and Line 6.
Kashmere Gate-Raja Nahar Singh (Line 6)
- The metro stations on Line-6 namely ITO, Delhi Gate, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid will remain open throughout the day.
- However, certain entry/exit gates at these stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon – ITO (Gate No. 3, 4 & 6), Delhi Gate (Gate No. 1, 4 & 5), Lal Quila (Gate No. 4) and Jama Masjid (Gate No. 3 & 4)
The changes are as follows:
Line 2 (HUDA City Centre – Jahangirpuri)
|i) Entry & Exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations will remain closed from 06:00 AM up to12:00 Noon.
ii) Patel Chowk and Race Course Metro stations entry & exit will remain closed from 08:45 AM to 12:00 Noon.
iii) Central Secretariat station will only be used for interchange of passengers between Line 2 and Line 6.
Line 3 (Dwarka Sector 21 – Noida City Centre) and Line 4 (Vaishali to Yamuna Bank)
i) Train services will be stopped at Mandi House and Pragati Maidan Metro stations during the period when parade passes under Tilak Bridge (tentatively from 10: 45 AM to 11: 45 AM). However, actual time of stoppage of train movement will be on receipt of directions from New Delhi Police Control Room.
ii) During this period (train stoppage), trains will be run in three short loops on this corridor:
a. NOIDA City Centre to Indraprastha
b. Vaishali to Yamuna Bank
c. Dwarka Sector 21 to Barakhamba Road
Delhi Metro Parking on January 26:
In addition, all Metro parking lots will remain closed from 06.00 AM on the 25th of January to 2.00 PM on the 26th of January, 2016. This step has also been taken as part of the security arrangements.