Dev Uthani Ekadashi 2020: On Devuthani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu wakes up from rest and sees the workload of creation. All Mars works begin on this Ekadashi. Tulsi marriage is also performed in this Ekadashi. On November 26, this year, Dev Uthani Ekadashi will be observed. Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month is called Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known as Hariprabodhini Ekadashi and Devotthan Ekadashi. According to the scriptures, Lord Vishnu sleeps for four months on Ashadh Shukla Ekadashi and wakes up to Kartik Shukla Ekadashi.
Dos and Don’ts of fasting on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi:
1. Fasting should be done on Nirjala or only juice and fruits.
2. If the person is old, child, or busy then he can open his fast by keeping fast for a few hours.
3. On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu must light a lamp while awakening.
4. On this day one can worship Lord Vishnu or any other god.
5. Do not eat ominous and spicy food during fast of Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
6. On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, chant the mantra “Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya Namah”.
7. If your moon is weak or has any mental problem, then fast on Ekadashi by eating water and fruits.
8. On the day of Devuthani Ekadashi you should wake up before sunrise.
9. Do not consume rice on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi, it is believed that otherwise the next birth is found in a creeping species.
10. In Devuthani Ekadashi, a person should stay away from fight and fight and do not kill any creature on this day, otherwise, you have to become a partner of sin.