अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
cyfy
Home » IANS » ‘Economy, ecology complementary’: PM, Javadekar go big on clean energy

‘Economy, ecology complementary’: PM, Javadekar go big on clean energy

By IANS
Published on :

New Delhi, July 10 (IANS) Union Environment and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar strongly echoed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Economy & ecology are complementary” statement.

“Referring to the regular dilemma whether to focus on economy or ecology, the PM said India resolved such dilemmas by focussing on solar energy projects and other environment-friendly measures. PM Narendra Modi said economy & ecology are not contradictory but complementary to each other.”

This assertion comes against the backdrop of Modi’s inauguration of the mega solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa that will generate 750 MW power which can charge industry. But being solar energy, it is completely free from carbon, known for environmental hazards.

The Rs 4,000-crore project has three units of 250 MW each in the solar park spread over 1,500 hectares and developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Ltd (RUMSL), a joint venture company of the Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd, and the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a central PSU.

About a fourth, or 24 per cent of the solar power produced by the project will be used in the Delhi Metro and the remaining 76 per cent by discoms of Madhya Pradesh.

–IANS

abn/vd

(This story has not been edited by Newsd staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
(For more latest news and updates Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. Download our mobile app )