A female passenger aboard Pakistan International Airlines flight sparked panic on Saturday after she mistakenly opened the emergency exit door thinking it was the toilet.
Reportedly the plane was on the runway at the Manchester Airport when she pressed the button which opened the emergency door.
As per the reports, the aircraft’s airbag chute opened and 37 passengers had to be offloaded from the aircraft.
The flight Islamabad bound PK-702 which was about to take off from Manchester was delayed for seven hours owing to the incident.
When the woman was asked about the incident, she said that she had opened the emergency door as she thought it was the toilet.
However, the authorities said that the plane’s airbag chute had opened by mistake due to lack of PIA staff the day earlier.
PIA’s spokesperson Mashood Tajwar said that the incident is being probed, adding that, “The plane was parked on the runway when the airbag chute opened, so there was no threat of any kind.”
Earlier on June 7, passengers aboard PIA flight PK 853 from Islamabad to Karachi were outraged when they were served stale bread and under-cooked chicken at Sehri time.