Japan’s Naomi Osaka jumped two positions to the fourth, while Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, Sloane Stephens of the United States, Julia Goerges of Germany as well as Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands, all jumped one spot to be ranked sixth, eighth, ninth and 10th respectively.
Meanwhile, Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic dropped three positions to seventh.
Further down the rankings, Katerina Siniakova of the Czech Republic climbed seven places up to the 33rd, after reaching the China Open quarter-finals.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 7,421 Points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,490
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,400
4. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 4,770
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,350
6. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,345
7. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,255
8. Sloane Stephens (USA) 4,022
9. Julia Goerges (Germany) 3,785
10. Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) 3,740