Festival of colours, Holi is on 29th March and social media giants like Facebook are all prepared for it with newly launched Holi-themed avatar stickers for its users.
With an aim to add to the festive cheer online, Facebook on Friday rolled out Holi-themed Avatar stickers, which are already live on the mobile app as well as Messenger.
These new stickers have been introduced to give people more options to express themselves during the festival period, the company said in a statement.
Step by Step Guide on how to use and create Facebook’s Holi-themed avatar stickers
- Before using the Avatar stickers on Facebook and Messenger apps, users will need to create their Avatar first.
- For creation, users can go to the comment composer and click on the Smiley icon present there. Users will then have to go to the sticker tab and select Create Your Avatar option. This option can also be found in the avatar creator present in the Bookmarks section which is there in the Facebook app.
- Avatar can be created thereby choosing skin tone and hair.
- Once an avatar is ready, it can be found in the new Holi stickers that are present in the sticker library.
- While posting or commenting something on Facebook posts, or Messenger, users can select their Holi Avatar stickers
The company said that in the past two weeks, more than 4 million people in India have made over 6.6 million posts and comments about Holi on Facebook.
With much of our social interaction these days taking place online, it’s more important than ever to be able to express yourself personally on Facebook, the company said.