Bank holidays calendar for March 2020: There are few bank holidays in the month of March as per the following list. Therefore, banks will remain closed for 13 days in March 2020 on account of national holidays, weekly offs and regional holidays.
We will observe the major festival Holi on 10th March hence, banks in most parts of India will be closed for the celebration of the same. Some of the banks will remain closed for two days to celebrate the festival, as per the bank holidays list by the Reserve Bank of India, RBI.
There will be eight national holidays in the upcoming month i.e., banks in all areas will remain closed on these dates and five regional holidays such as Gudhi Padwa / Ugadi in several southern and western states, and Sarhul in Jharkhand.
As per RBI norms, the 2nd and 4th Saturday will be holidays for the banks. Here is the full list of bank holidays of March 2020.
- 01 March 2020 — Weekly off (Sunday)
- 08 March 2020 — Weekly off (Sunday)
- 10 March 2020 — Holi (Tuesday)
- 14 March 2020 — Second Saturday
- 15 March 2020 — Weekly off (Sunday)
- 22 March 2020 — Weekly off (Sunday)
- 28 March 2020 — Fourth Saturday
- 29 March 2020 — Weekly off (Sunday)
- 06 March 2020 — Chapchar Kut (Friday)
- 09 March 2020 — Holika/ Doljatra/ Holi/ Birthday of Md Hazarat Ali (Monday)
- 11 March 2020 — Holi (Wednesday)
- 25 March 2020 — Gudhi Padwa/ Ugadi/ 1st Navratra (Wednesday)
- 27 March 2020 — Sarhul (Friday)