The summer season has begun and with it comes problems relating to health. In India, summers are really harsh and there are several side effects of the scorching heat that leads to health issues like heat strokes, dehydration, rashes and more.
a common problem mostly found in children is nosebleed during the summer season. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect the adults.
The question that mainly arises is what leads to bleeding from the nose. It actually happens when the blood capillaries burst due to hot air or due to nose picking. There is a protective mucus coating inside the nose, when it gets dry it leads to bleeding. In rare cases, the inability of the blood to clot can cause the nose to bleed. In some cases, high blood pressure can also cause the nose to bleed.
In this scorching heat season, here’s how you can stop nosebleeds in summers
Nosebleeds are not serious and can be stopped easily. If you’re prone to nose bleeds during summers here’s how you can prevent it
- Rub ice against the nose and it can effective in controlling nose bleeds. The ice helps in reducing the swelling in the blood vessels.
- Eat food rich in vitamin C. fruits and vegetables like guavas, oranges, strawberries, and lemons help in blood clotting.
- In case of nose bleeding, quickly elevate your head and sit in an upright position until the bleeding stops.
- It is advisable to wash your face with cold water so that nostrils stay hydrated.
- When going out, cover your head with a cap or scarf. Also, cover the nose with a hanky or a cotton cloth to avoid hot air drying inside the nose.
- Taking steam too words as it cleans the respiratory passage and also reduces nasal irritation.