Hotstar is a popular Indian digital and mobile video streaming app that allows users to stream different shows and movies on-the-run. The service was launched in 2015 by Star India. In case you wish to unsubscribe Hotstar for whatsoever reasons here is our complete guide.
How do I cancel my Hotstar premium membership?
Unsubscribing via the website on mobile website or PC
- Step 1: Go to Hotstar’s website (https://www.hotstar.com)
- Step 2: Click on “your account page”
- Step 3: Click Cancel Membership Link on My Account page
Note: Hotstar will stop billing you from the upcoming billing periods.
Unsubscribing via Mobile App
The functionality to cancel subscription is currently unavailable on Hotstar’s official app.
How do I cancel iTunes subscription for Hotstar?
This requires a few more steps than the usual cancellation of the subscription.
- Step 1: Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Step 2: Next, click on the Apple ID option at the top of the screen, tap View Apple ID.
- Step 3: Click subscriptions.
- Step 4: Tap the “Hotstar” subscription button.
- Step 5: At the bottom of the page, you should see a “Cancel Subscription” option, choose the option.
- Step 6: Now a pop-up will appear, you can choose to “Confirm Cancellation”.
Hotstar earlier broke global records by registering 18.6 million concurrent viewers in the VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019 final. The final match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings that took place on Sunday saw the streaming platform soar past its earlier record of 12.7 million concurrent users, achieved during an earlier game in the same tournament, according to a statement.
For any further queries, you are can always check the pretty extensive FAQ page of Hotstar.