There’s a tough competition between Microsoft edge and Crome, where some people stick to Chrome as they are used to it but some of them prefer using Microsoft Edge. Keeping Bing as your default search engine gives you a decent search experience in the new Microsoft Edge which also includes direct links to Windows 10 apps, relevant suggestions from your organization if you’re signed in with a work or school account, and instant answers to questions about Windows 10.
However, for people who stick to Chrome for a more convenient option, there is another interesting alternative, you can change the default search engine to Google or any other site that uses OpenSearch technology. We all are more familiar with the search engine Google and it is also mostly used across the world. But it should be noted that Microsoft Edge is better than Chrome in terms of your system’s safety. Read on to know how to change your default search engine in Microsoft Edge to Google.
Here’s how you can change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge to Google, follow the steps:
1. Open Microsoft edge on your laptop or system.
2. Click on the three dots right on top of your screen.
3. Select settings, another window will appear on your screen.
4 Now, click on the Privacy, search, and services option which is on the left side under Seach settings.
5. Scroll down to the end of the settings page and click on the Address bar and search.
6. Now, in the Search engine used in the address bar choose Google which will automatically remove Bing. Apart from Google, there are more options available, choose as per your preference.
Now, close the window and try searching something on your system again, Bing will disappear and you will be able to search things through google just like Crome.