How to download Digital voter ID cards: With covid-19 being present all over the world for over 10 months now, we have understood the need for having things and necessities available digitally, and following the same pattern, The Election Commission of India (ECI) is planning to launch the e-EPIC, an Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card, on the occasion of National Voters Day.
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on this day is all set to launch the e-EPIC programme and will distribute digital voter ID cards to all new voters. This will mark as the first time, the Indian Government taking initiative to bring out digital voter cards.
So, let’s take a look at five things you should know about the voter card.
- The e-EPIC would be a non-editable secure PDF version
- The first phase of electronic voter card is from January 25 to January 31 and only new voters who have applied for a voter ID card with registered mobile numbers would be able to download the voter ID cards in digital format.
- Next month onwards, everyone would be allowed to download their E-voter cards.
- Digital voter identity cards would be in PDF format
- New voters will also get hard copies of their voter cards.
How to download Digital voter ID cards: Steps to download digital voter ID cards-
Step 1) Log on to https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
Step 2) Click on the option of download E-EPIC.
Step 3) The download facility will be available from 11:00 am onwards today