Ludo, as we know, is one of the most well-known board games in India and so it’s not very surprising that Ludo King, a digital version of the game, is considered to be one of the fast-growing and highly popular multiplayer games in India, giving big games like PUBG Mobile and Call of Duty great competition in terms of fan following.
In the current scenario, as we practice social distancing and see lockdowns around the world, the game has only become more popular, as a way of passing time while staying connected to friends and family.
How to play Ludo King with Friends online?
- Go to Google Play on your android phone and download Ludo King. Similarly, if you’re using an iPhone, go to the App Store and download the game.
- Once the game gets installed, open it and log in as a guest. You can choose to connect your Facebook account, but that is not needed to play with friends. After choosing the guest option, go ahead to complete the setup.
- After the setup is complete, you’ll see the main menu of the game. By default, you can start a game of Ludo with your friends or you can tap the icon next to Settings and even play Snakes and Ladders. For now, let’s focus on Ludo King.
- To start playing the game with friends who are not near you, start by tapping Play with Friends.
- On the next screen, first choose your colour. Below it, you’ll see two options Create and Join. Create allows you to create a room and generate a code with which your friends can join the room. In case you want to join a friend’s room instead, simply tap Join room followed by entering the private code and you’ll join the game.
- Once you have created a room, set an entry-amount (the minimum is 100 coins). You’ll now get a code which you’ll need to share with your friends so that they can join in. You can send this code via WhatsApp, SMS, email, or any other app of your choice.
- After all the members have joined, tap Play to start the game.
- To get started, tap on the dice to play your turn. The game also allows you to chat with your friends. To do that, tap on the chat bubble over your avatar’s head, write your message and hit send.
How to play Ludo King with friends offline?
- On the game’s main menu, tap Pass N Play.
- Select if all players want to play as individuals or you want to create teams of two players each.
Once you have all made the choice, add names for various players and choose which colour each player wants, and then tap Play.
- This will start a local multiplayer game with your friends who are in the same room.
- Do note that you will be playing the game on your device, so be sure to disable notifications and other alerts to avoid distractions for everyone.
- If your phone has a gaming mode that blocks incoming calls and notifications, that will help a lot while playing Ludo King in Pass N Play mode.