New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has commenced a new BSc (hons) programme in Biochemistry, from July 2020 session, in online and distance learning (ODL) mode. The last date for admission is August 31.
Candidates who have qualified Class 12th final exam from a recognized board with subjects Biology, Chemistry and Physics can apply for the programme online through the online admission portal of IGNOU at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
“With a substantial number of courses from the discipline of Biochemistry and a few interdisciplinary and skill-enhancing courses, this Bachelor of Science Honours programme is designed to give an in-depth knowledge in Biochemistry while giving the learner an opportunity to explore subjects beyond the discipline,” IGNOU said.
The medium of instruction for the course is English and Hindi. Candidates can also register for lateral entry as per IGNOU rules.
The minimum duration of the programme is three years and the maximum duration is six years. The course will be offered in both January and July sessions of admission, IGNOU said.
The registration form fee for the programme is Rs 200. The total fee of the programme is Rs 43,500, to be paid as annual fee of Rs 14,500 per year.
Objectives of Course:
- The objective of the course is to introduce the learners to main themes and topics in Biochemistry.
- Expose the students to work towards ability and skill enhancement through exposure to appropriate courses.
- Introduce students to reading and writing skills via assignments and laboratory practices appropriate for undergraduate study.
- Making students understand the importance of an interdisciplinary approach by enabling them to take courses outside their disciplines.
The list of courses available for B.Sc. (Honours) Biochemistry under each of the five categories:
- Core Courses, Discipline Selective,
- Availability Enhancement Compulsory Courses,
- Skill Enhancement Courses,
- Generic Elective is given in the prospectus.