The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) 12th board exam 2021 will begin a little later than the previous years on 4th May 2021 and conclude by 10th June 2021. Therefore, CBSE will release the class 12th results by 15th July 2021.
Candidates can either check CBSE class 12th results on ‘cbse.nic.in’ or the official results website ‘cbseresults.nic.in’.
Candidates are required to provide necessary credentials such as “Roll Number”, “School Number”, and “Center Number” on the results page to download the results.
Once officially released, the same will also be published online for the students to be able to check their result with ease.
The students can access the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) 12th results at cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in and results.nic.in. Students are advised to keep their roll number/ hall ticket handy to view their marks
How to check the CBSE 12th Result
- Step 1: Visit Newsd’s result page (this page). cbse.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the CBSE Class 10th Result 2019 option.
- Step 3: Feed in the Login credentials.
- Step 4: Click on the Submit option.
- Step 5: The result will pop up on the computer screen.
How to Download CBSE 12th Digital Mark Sheet from Digilocker?
Upon the publication of results, students can download their digital mark sheets and certificates from Digilocker. These mark sheets and certificates are valid and digitally signed by CBSE. Therefore, students can download the digital copies and take printouts of them for further use.
To download the mark sheets from Digilocker, students should register on the website using their Aadhar card/mobile number linked with CBSE. Signing up for a Digilocker account is quite easy. Students can follow the steps mentioned below to register and download the CBSE 12th mark sheets from Digilocker.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Digilocker – digilocker.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the CBSE tab on the homepage.
Step 3: Select the required certificate/mark sheet from the list.
Step 4: Already registered candidates can provide their Aadhar number/mobile number or username and the security PIN to log in. (for new registration, click on the “Sign up” link and register using the mobile number).
Step 5: After logging in, download the document and save it for further use.
Note: Students can also install the DigiLocker application using the link given below.
CBSE 12th Board Exam Toppers List
Along with the final exam results, CBSE also releases the list of toppers in the board exam. However, in 2020, CBSE did not announce the merit list. The following are the details of CBSE class 12th toppers from 2018 to 2020.
CBSE 12th Class Toppers List 2020
- The first rank was secured by Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora, who scored 499 out of 500.
- The second rank was secured by Gaurangi Chawla with 498 marks out of 500.
- Ayushi Upadhyay secured the 3rd position with 497 marks out of 500.
CBSE 12th Class Toppers List 2019
- The first rank was secured by Siddhant Pengoriya, who scored 499 out of 500.
- The second rank was secured by Kaashvi Jain with 498 marks out of 500.
- Ankit Saha Gupta secured the 3rd position with 497 marks out of 500.
CBSE 12th Class Toppers List 2018
- The first position was secured by Megha Srivastava, who scored 499 out of 500.
- The second position was secured by Anoushka Chandra with 498 marks out of 500.
- Chahat Bodhraj secured the 3rd position with 497 marks out of 500.
CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Passing Criteria
CBSE provides an official circular of the subject-wise minimum and maximum marks for class 12th in theory, practical, and internal assessments. CBSE guidelines state that a student needs to obtain a minimum of 33% marks in theory and 33% marks in practical/internal examination to achieve their pass certificate. A student must also get 33% marks in aggregate in each subject. Following are the guidelines set by the CBSE for 12th candidates:
- A candidate will receive a pass certificate if they obtain a grade higher than an ‘E’ in all internal assessment subjects unless they are exempted.
- A candidate shall get at least 33% marks in all the five external examination subjects in the main or the compartmental exams to be declared pass in the final examination.
- The pass marks in each subject of the external exam shall be 33%. In subjects involving practical work, a candidate must obtain 33% marks in theory and 33% marks in practical separately.
- Candidates exempted from internal examination subjects shall be eligible to appear in the external examination. However, the final result will depend on the fulfillment of other conditions laid down in the pass criteria.
Process of re-evaluation of CBSE Class 12 answer scripts
Students, not satisfied with their marks secured, can apply for re-evaluation of CBSE Class 10 answer scripts. Candidates can apply for re-evaluation for one or more subjects .
CBSE Class 12 Supplementary examination
If a student fails in any subject then s/he will have to appear for Supplementary examination. The CBSE Class 10 Supplementary examination will be announced by the board once the result is officially declared .
The Central Board of Secondary Education, popularly known as CBSE, is India’s largest education board. It looks after the development and propagation of secondary and higher secondary education across the country. The board is controlled and managed by Union Government of India.