It’s International Beer Day!!!!
Founded by Jesse Avshalomov in 2007, the International Beer Day, celebrated on the first Friday of every August intends to gather friends to enjoy beer and celebrate the craft of brewing and show appreciation for the professionals involved in the making of beer.
This year, the cheerful and relaxing day will be celebrated on August 7.
Beer is an ancient alcoholic drink brewed mainly from malted barley, hops, yeast, and water although it is possible to brew it from other grains such as maize, wheat, and rice. Records of beer date back to 4000 BC, making it one of the oldest alcoholic beverages in the world.
In years gone by pubs and bars have hosted International Beer Day events, however this year it may be celebrated slightly differently due to coronavirus pandemic.
Top Brands of Beer:
- Bud Light
- Coors Light
The best Beer brands in India are:
- Bira 91
- Around the world, humans consume over 50 billion gallons of beer every year.
- China is the world’s biggest beer producer with over 47 million kiloliters per year.
- The earliest evidence of beer brewing came from Ancient Egypt.
- Beer is part of the world’s culture and it comes with traditions such as beer festivals.
- The world’s most expensive beer to date is Allsopp’s Arctic Ale, retailing for $503,300. This beer was brewed in 1875 for an Antarctic expedition.
- National Beer Day is celebrated yearly in the United States on April 7.
- The alcoholic locals of Amsterdam earn a beer by cleaning the streets.
- Germany’s Oktoberfest is the world’s largest Volksfest (beer/wine festival and a traveling funfair). The country holds the event annually in Munich, with a 16 to 18-day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first Sunday in October.