Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched the new payment gateway iPay to make the transitions smoother and faster. This payment gateway will be used by passengers for online ticket booking. This service can be used through the IRCTC website and Rail Connect app. Now passengers will no longer need any third-party platforms to pay for their tickets.
After the arrival of this newly upgraded payment gateway iPay, passengers will now be able to make railway reservations in a few seconds. Also, refunds will be received in the user’s account on the cancellation of tickets. Notably, the IRCTC has upgraded its website and Rail Connect mobile app just last month.
IRCTC launches iPay: Know how to pay and book for Indian Railways Ticket
- Open the IRCTC website(www.irctc.co.in).
- Fill in the travel details. (places and date)
- Select the train best suited for your travel and tick the health advisory pop up.
- Log in to your IRCTC account and captcha to proceed further.
- Now fill in the passenger details correctly and select the mode of payment.
- Review your journey and continue
- In payments methods, you will see the 1st option as IRCTC iPay.
- Select the option then click on pay and book.
- Enter your credit card/ debit card or UPI details and click to pay.
- After you accept to pay via your respective payment method, your ticket will get instantly booked. You will receive an SMS and an email to your registered mobile number and mail id respectively.