Isha Koppikar is an actress, politician and model who has worked in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi films. Koppikar was born in 1976 at Mahim, Mumbai in a Konkani family of Mangalorean descent. She has one younger brother.
She graduated in Life Sciences at Ramnarain Ruia College in Mumbai. While at college she appeared in a photoshoot for Indian photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha.
As Isha Koppikar turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts to know about ‘Fiza’ actor
- Isha Koppikar competed in the 1995 Miss India contest, winning the Miss Talent Crown. Her modelling work gave her an introduction to the film industry and to her first film appearance in the Telugu movie Chandralekha in 1998
- In 2000 Koppikar started her Bollywood career with a small role alongside Karisma Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan in Khalid Mohamed’s Fiza and an item number appearance in Prakash Jha’s Rahul.
- In 2001 she made her full-fledged Bollywood debut with Rajiv Rai’s Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, starring Arjun Rampal and Sunil Shetty where she was paired with Shetty.
- Koppikar’s high profile film of 2007, Nikhil Advani’s multi-starrer Salaam-e-Ishq, had her sharing limited screen time with Sohail Kha
- Koppikar married Timmy Narang in 2009. She had two releases in 2010: Right Yaaa Wrong by Neeraj Pathak and Manoj Tiwari’s Hello Darling. Both films fared poorly at the box office.
- She joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of Union minister Nitin Gadkari. She has been appointed as the working president of the BJP’s women transport wing.
- She has a black-belt in Taekwondo
- Following the advice of numerologists, she has changed the spelling of her name twice, first to Ishaa Koppikar and later to Eesha Koppikhar. However, as of 2015, she has reverted to the original spelling of her name.
- She gave birth to their daughter Rianna in July 2014.