Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa would induct 17 legislators as ministers in the first phase of his cabinet expansion on Tuesday, August 20.
Karnataka with a “one-man cabinet” for over 20 days since his swearing-in ceremony on July 26, Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa is all set to expand his cabinet.
“Our party high command has cleared the list of 17 legislators to be included in the cabinet. An oath will be given by the state Governor Vajubhai Vala at Raj Bhavan in the city on Tuesday,” party official G Madhusudana told IANS.
Here’s the Karnataka’s new Cabinet Ministers list
- Govind Makthappa Karajol
- Ashwath Narayan CN
- Laxman Sangappa Savadi
- KS Eshwarappa
- R Ashoka
- Jagadish Shettar
- B Sreeramalu
- S Suresh Kumar
- V Somanna
- CT Ravi
- Basavaraj Bommai
- Kota Shrinivas Poojari
- JC Madhu Swamy
- Chandrakantagouda Channappagouda Patil
- H Nagesh
- Prabhu Chauhan
- Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb
- Jollie will be the lone woman in the cabinet.
- Of the 17, 16 belong to the BJP and one, H Nagesh, is an Independent MLA from Mulbagal assembly seat.
- Bharatiya Janata Party’s Kota Srinivas Poojari is the party’s leader in the state legislative council.