Kia Motors India has officially opened pre-bookings for the new Sonet compact SUV from August 20 at 0000 hours. Pre-bookings can be done through company dealerships across the country or online on its official website for a token amount of Rs 25,000, Kia Motors India said in a statement.
“The Sonet is Kia’s answer to customers in the compact SUV segment who want style and substance, quality and features, performance and technology, comfort and safety in one compelling package,” Kia Motors India MD and CEO Kookhyun Shim said.
Kia Sonet rivals:
Kia Sonet will challenge the likes of Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, and Ford EcoSport. The competition is no doubt tough in the compact SUV segment, but Kia Motors has tried to make sure that the new Sonet stays ahead of the rivals in all the categories, be it features or specifications.
Kia Sonet Specifications:
- Kia Sonet will be offered with a choice of three engines and five transmissions. Two petrol engines – a Smartstream 1.2-liter four-cylinder and powerful 1.0 T-GDi – and a 1.5-liter CRDi diesel engine are offered.
- The Kia Sonnet SUV boasts of high-tech digital display and instrument cluster, featuring a first-in-segment 10.25-inch HD touchscreen and navigation system with UVO Connected technologies.
- The Sonet features an extensive list of active and passive safety equipment. It comes equipped with up to six airbags – offering a class-leading combination of front, side and curtain protection for occupants
- Trimmed in high-quality materials, its dashboard provides owners with the car’s full range of user-friendly features, including a two-layer tray to store mobile devices and other items while driving.
- The Sonet comes with five transmission options: five- and six-speed manuals, and intuitive seven-speed DCT, six-speed automatic, and Kia’s revolutionary new six-speed Smartstream intelligent manual transmission.
Kia Sonet Features:
- Kia Sonet will be available in Tech Line and GT Line trims.
- The front has the signature Kia ‘tiger-nose’ grille flanked by LED headlamps with the LED DRLs.
- The side profile is as robust as the front with features like roof rails, indicator-mounted ORVMs, and 16-inch crystal-cut alloy wheels.
There is a segment-best 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- The steering wheel is a multi-function unit with controls for audio and voice, among others. It also gets a 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, and sunroof.
- The Sonet is equipped with the UVO connectivity technology having 57 features.