Kia Sonet launch in India will take place in mid-September. After showcasing the compact SUV on August 7, Kia Motors India opened its bookings on August 20. The brand new Kia Sonet garnered over 6,253 bookings on the first day. The automaker is offering seven monotone and three dual-tone colour options with the vehicle.
Here are leaked features of Kia Sonet :
- The Kia Sonet has three engine options — Smartstream 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol, Smartstream 1.0-litre T-GDi petrol and 1.5-litre CRDi diesel.
- The 1.2-litre petrol motor develops maximum power of 83PS and peak torque of 115Nm, and is mated to a 5-speed MT.
- The 1.0-litre T-GDi petrol mill belts out a maximum power of 120PS and peak torque of 172Nm, and has 6-speed iMT and 7-speed DCT options.
- The 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine produces a maximum power of 100PS and peak torque of 240Nm with 6-speed MT and a maximum power of 115PS and peak torque of 250Nm with 6-speed AT.
- Among the monotone colour options in the Kia Sonet are Clear White, Steel Silver, Intense Red, Gravity Grey, Aurora Black Pearl, Intelligence Blue and Beige Gold.
- The dual-tone paint schemes include White Pearl with Black roof, Beige Gold with Black roof and Red with Black roof.
- Kia Sonet boasts of ‘tiger-nose’ grille, LED headlamps with LED DRLs, projector fog lamps, LED tail lamps and 16-inch crystal-cut alloy wheels.
- Inside the cabin, there are features like ventilated driver and front-passenger seats, 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system, 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, smart pure air purifier, LED sound mood lighting and sunroof.
The Kia Sonet price in India might be in the range of Rs 8 lakh (ex-showroom) to Rs 13 lakh (ex-showroom). The compact SUV will take on the likes of Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport and Toyota Urban Cruiser.