As the novel coronavirus continues to spread in India, the Karnataka government has launched the mobile application “Corona Watch”. The application is currently available on the official website of the Karnataka government and its link is karanataka.gov.in.
As the name implies, the app aims to track the history of movements of people who are detected positive to take preventive measures and curb the outbreak of coronavirus. The app will also provide the date and time the patient visited that place. The public can use it to identify their activities in these areas.
Here is a complete guide that you can follow to download the Corona Watch app.
Steps to download Corona Watch app:
- Step 1: Visit the Karnataka government official website, karanataka.gov.in
- Step 2: Tap on Corona related Information available on the homepage
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu select Mobile apps, you will redirect to a new page
- Step 4: Tap on Download Corona Watch Mobile App then it will redirect you to Google play store
- Step 5: Now, tap Install to download Corona Watch
Once installed, you can use the app freely.
The Corona watch app home page displays four options:
- Spots visited by Covid-19 patients
- Nearby medical facilities
- Data collection for official use
- Home quarantined locations and more views
You can even directly download the app from the Google play store, the link. Click here
Similarly, you can also download the Quarantine Watch app.
Dr. K Sudhakar, Karnataka Medical Education Minister instructed all home quarantined persons to enrol themselves and send their selfies on an hourly basis in a press release.
The Karnataka State Minister for Medical Education tweeted, “Glad to say that this self-quarantine app was done hands-on by Munish Moudgil with his team,” and shared a screenshot of the app, have a look.
Glad to say that this self quarantine app was done hands-on by Munish Moudgil with his team.. 👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/CXxlG49PPY
— Dr Sudhakar K (@mla_sudhakar) April 1, 2020
The “Corona Watch” app also includes a list of government-designated COVID-19 emergency hospitals that citizens with symptoms can visit.