Maha Shivratri, the festival of Lord Shiva will be celebrated tomorrow, 11th March by Hindus all over the world and in India. Many devotees on this day keep vrat to get blessings from Lord Shiva. Considering the vrat tomorrow, the Sabudana Khichdi will be the perfect comfort food for the devotees.
So below is the list of ingredients and how to make a Sabudana Khichdi recipe:
Sabudana Khichdi: Ingredients
- 1 Cup sabudana (sago)
- 1/2 cup peanut (shelled and coarsely pounded), roasted
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 3-4 Sabut lal Mirch (whole dried red pepper)
- 1 sprig kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp hara dhania (coriander leaves)
- 1 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Sabudana Khichdi
1.Cook the sabudana khichdi in a frying pan. It kind of helps in keeping the tapioca pearls dry and separated. Besides having to use very little oil.
- In a pan heat oil, add jeera and curry leaves and fry a little, then add potatoes cut into small cubes and fry on sim till the potatoes cook. Alternately you can cover with the lid to speed up the cooking.
- In the meantime mix together, soaked and drained sabudana, crushed peanuts, chopped cilantro, salt, little black pepper powder, red chilli powder, chopped green chillies and mix this mixture with hand. Keep aside.
- Check if potatoes are cooked and once done add this mixture to the potatoes and mix well.
- Check for salt and drizzle very little water on the mixture and cover and cook on slow fire for 2 mins. Open, mix well and enjoy sabudana ki khichdi with roasted papad.