As many as 272,744 tests were conducted on the day and so far 24,614,480 tests have been conducted.
SOPs which have to been announced by the Maharashtra government:
- Maharashtra govt issues fresh restrictions to be imposed in the state from 8pm on April 22 to 7am on May 1.
- As per the orders, attendance in government offices reduces to 15%, except departments engaged in emergency services. Also, all private offices that were allowed to function as part of the exempted category to have been asked to reduce attendance from 50% to 15%
- Marriage ceremony may be conducted only as a single event in a single hall not extending beyond 2 hours with maximum of total 25 persons attending the same. Any family seen to be flaunting the restraints or not following these in letter and spirit may be fined Rs 50,000: Maharashtra govt
- Private buses can ply with 50% of seating capacity with no standing travellers
- All Medical Personnel (Doctors/ paramedics/ lab technicians/ hospital and medical clinic staff etc). Tickets/ passes to be issued on the basis of a identity card issued by the concerned medical organization.
- Any persons needing medical treatment or specially abled persons and one person accompanying the needy.