India celebrates National Science Day on February 28 every year to commemorate Indian physicist CV Raman who was known to the world for discovering the ‘Raman effect’, he was awarded Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman or CV Raman had a scientific mind and was fascinated with the scattering of light since the early years.
Born on November 7, 1888, in Tamil Nadu, Raman discovered the change in wavelength of light that is seen when a beam of light is deflected by molecules.
He discovered a scattering phenomenon known as ‘Raman scattering’ or the ‘Raman effect’.
Famous Quotes of CV Raman on National Science Day 2020:
- Ask the right questions, and nature will open the doors to her secrets.
- You can’t always choose who comes to your life but you can learn what lesson they teach you.
- Treat me right and you will see the light. Treat me wrong and you will be gone.
- We need a spirit of victory, a spirit that will carry us to our rightful place under the sun, a spirit that will recognize that we as inheritors of a proud civilization are entitled to a rightful place on this planet.
- Success can come to you by courageous devotion to the task lying in front of you.
- In the history of science, we often find the study of some natural phenomenon has been the starting point in the development of a new branch of knowledge.
- It was poverty and the poor laboratories that gave me the determination to do the very best I could.