Navratri 2020: Navratri 2020 is here and many devotees are fasting for 9 days. However, if you are fasting and trying to lose weight, check out these healthy recipes.
You may have been told to follow a low-carb diet if you’re trying to shed those extra pounds quickly. Research has shown that reducing the intake of carbohydrates can help control appetite and contribute to better weight loss, perhaps, without the need to count calories but not all carbs are the same.
Healthy Navratri fast recipes:
Sweet potato chaat
- 2-3 sweet potatoes (boiled)
- A handful of almonds, peanuts and walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds and roasted flax seeds
- Rock salt for taste
- 1 lemon (for juice)
- Peel the boiled sweet potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Now mix the nuts with sweet potatoes.
- Add salt, cumin powder and black pepper to it and mix it properly, add lemon juice also.
- Sprinkle chia seeds and flax seeds and serve immediately.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup sour curd
- 1 /4 teaspoon ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coriander (grated)
- 1 teaspoon green chilli (chopped)
- Clean and wash the buckwheat in enough water only once. Then drain the excess water using a strainer.
- Mix the buckwheat, sour curd and half cup of water in a bowl. Cover it and soak it for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Now, add green chilli, ginger paste and salt to the batter and mix very well.
- Pour the batter into a greased thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise. Also, Sprinkle fresh chopped coriander.
- Steam in a steamer for 10-12 min. Or till the Dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly, cut into pieces and serve immediately with green chutney.