Subhas Chandra Bose was born on 23rd January, 187 at Cuttack in Odisha. He was the 9th child out of 14 children of Jankinath Bose and Shri Prabhavati Dutta. Subhas Chandra Ji’s father, Jankinath, was a famous lawyer of that time.
Earlier this month it was decided that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s birth anniversary on January 23 will be celebrated as Parakram Diwas every year from now on.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti: Inspirational Quotes from founder of ‘Azad Hind Fauj’ on Parakram Diwas
- Men, money, and material cannot by themselves bring victory or freedom. We must have the motive-power that will inspire us to brave deeds and heroic exploits.
- India is calling. Blood is calling to blood. Get up, we have no time to lose
- It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom
- One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives
- Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle if there are no risks to be taken
- Forget not that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: You must give if you want to get
- No real change in history can be achieved by discussions
- “At this unprecedented juncture in our history I have a word for you. Do not be disheartened by our temporary defeat ; be cheerful and optimistic. Above all, never lose your faith in the destiny of India. There is no power on earth which can keep India in bondage. India will be free and, that too, soon. JAl HIND”
- “It is our duty to pay for our liberty with our own blood. The freedom that we shall win through our sacrifice and exertions, we shall be able to preserve with our own strength.”
- “Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend. Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory which contains the maximum truth.”
- “We should have but one desire today – the desire to die so that India may live – the desire to face a martyr’s death, so that the path to freedom may be paved with the martyr’s blood.”