NITI Aayog vice chairman Arvind Panagariya, along with administrative ministries, will decide the fate of seven Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) on strategic disinvestment on Thursday, sources said.
Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) are those companies in which the direct holding of the Central Government or other CPSEs is 51% or more.
The seven CPSEs under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas have provisionally been identified by NITI Aayog as candidates for strategic sale.
1. Balmer Lawrie Investments Ltd/Balmer Lawrie Corporation Ltd
2. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
3. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
4. Engineers India Ltd
5. Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd
6. Numaligarh Refinery Ltd
7. Certification Engineers Pvt Ltd
The consultations between administrative ministries, (Department of Disinvestment) DIPAM and NITI Aayog on strategic disinvestment is expected to take place on Thursday afternoon.