अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
cyfy
Home » IANS » No extension of lockdown in Bengaluru, says minister

No extension of lockdown in Bengaluru, says minister

By IANS
Published on :

Bengaluru, July 20 (IANS) Ahead of the 9-day Covid lockdown in Bengaluru ending on Wednesday morning, Karnataka Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar on Monday reiterated it would not be extended.

“Lockdown will not be extended after July 22 morning in Bengaluru, as decided by Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa,” he told reporters after a review meeting of the Covid situation in Bengaluru Urban and Rural districts at his home office.

Sudhakar, however, added that night curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. will continue daily and total lockdown will be observed on Sundays till August 2 across the state.

On the advice of health experts, the state government re-imposed the lockdown from 8 p.m. on July 14 to 5 a.m. on July 22 to contain the surging Covid cases in the city in the ‘unlock’ period since June 1.

Asserting that lockdown was not a solution to control the pandemic, Yediyurappa on July 17 said it would not be extended beyond July 22 morning.

The Chief Minister, however, urged the citizens to stay at home during the lockdown, and wear mask, wash hands and maintain social distancing if going out for buying essentials or on an emergency work.

Of the 3,648 new cases registered across the state on Monday, Bengaluru accounted for 1,452, taking its Covid tally to 33,229, including 24,574 active, while 698 died of the infection so far, with 31 during the day.

The southern state’s Covid tally touched 67,420, including 42,216 active, while 1,403 patients succumbed to the virus so far, with 72 during the day.

–IANS

fb/vd

(This story has not been edited by Newsd staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
(For more latest news and updates Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. Download our mobile app )

Latests Posts