Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Birth Anniversary: Remembering Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan on his Birth Anniversary. The soulful and legendary singer is known for his love songs, people who are fond of qawwali’s or Sufi music are his die-hard fans to date. As we all know Ustad Nusrat is a singer from Pakistan who introduced qawwali to the western world.
Khan is one of the most powerful singers in the world of music and is popularly known as the ‘King of Qawwali’. He sang many soulful compositions that continue to move people even today. Some of his most popular songs have been used in Bollywood movies. On his 72nd birth anniversary, here are the top 5 songs of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan you must listen:
1. Afreen Afreen: This song was released in the year 1996. The ghazal song was written by Javed Akhtar, composed but Khan, and featured Lisa Ray. It was brought back to life in 2016 by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Momina Mustehsan on a Pakistani TV show.
Check out the latest version of the song here:
2. Mere Rashke Qamar: It is a ghazal-qawwali written by Fana Buland Shehri, an Urdu poet. The song was composed by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. He performed it for the first time in 1988 with nephew Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
3. Sanu Ik Pal Chain Na Aave: Released in 1993, this song was a part of the Mehfil-e-Sama concert Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Vol 28. The song was brought back to life in Ajay Devgn and Ileana D’cruz’s movie ‘Raid’.
4. Ye Jo Halka Halka Suroor Hai: The song which released in 1992 was composed by the king of qawwali himself. The soulful composition was brought back to life in a Bollywood movie.
5. Mera Piya Ghar Aaya: A part of the ‘Qawwal: The Essential Collection’, this one was originally a Punjabi song written in the 18th century. The song was brought back to life in 1995 in the movie ‘Yaarana’ featuring Madhuri Dixit.