The famous villain of Bollywood, Prem Chopra is loved by all. The actor has been part of Hindi and Punjabi films. He has acted in 380 films over a span of over 60 years.
He has a soft-spoken diction despite being a villain in most films. His 19 films, with him as an antagonist and Rajesh Khanna in the lead role remain popular with audiences and critics.
As Prem Chopra turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts about the supervillain
- Prior to his career as an actor, Prem Chopra worked in the circulation department of The Times of India.
- He is Raj Kapoor’s brother-in-law. Chopra’s wife Uma and Kapoor’s wife Krishna are sisters.
- Chopra has appeared in two films titled Duniya – the first with Dev Anand in 1968 and the other with Dilip Kumar in 1984
- Since he was the surprise element in Narendra Bedi’s suspense-thriller Benaam (1974), the actor’s name was omitted from the film’s opening credits on purpose.
- Prem Chopra has had a successful collaboration with Manoj Kumar. He has featured in all films directed by Kumar except Shor (1972) and Roti Kapada Aur Makaan (1974).
- The actor is credited with singing Lo Mera Pyaar from Nafrat (1973) and Kab Se Ye Dil Hai Pyaasa from Mera Muqaddar (1988).
- The actor is fond of watching and playing cricket.
- The actor’s memoir, Prem Naam Hai Mera, Prem Chopra is authored by his daughter Rakita Nanda and was published in 2014.