Telangana: Grandfather kills newly born girl child by stuffing paddy grains in her mouth
Beyond Metros, Maharashtra

Pune: 18-month-old child dies after mistakenly consuming diesel

A shocking case of death surfaced from after an 18-month-old child died after allegedly drinking diesel by mistake.

As per the reports, the tragic incident happened Dehu gaon, Vitthalwadi. The deceased infant identified as Vedant Gautum Gaikwad, comes from a family of casual labourers. He was reportedly playing in the house when he found a glass filled with diesel and drank it mistaking it for water.

The early probe revealed that Vedant’s mother had brought a glass of diesel to be filled in in the cooking stove. His mother forgot to take the glass away and it on the floor after filling diesel in the cooking stove. Vedant while playing took the bottle and drank from it.

Minutes later, his eyes turned white and he started vomiting. The mother was alone at home while the father had gone for work. He was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment but could not survive for long.

The body has been handed over to the family for the final rites after autopsy was performed at a government hospital.

In a similar incident, an 80-year-old woman identified as Jainambibi Saiyyed, died after she mistook acid for water and drank it. Read complete story here: Ahmedabad: Elderly woman with poor eyesight mistakes acid for water, dies

Latest Update