Noted Urdu poet Rahat Indori, who had tested positive for coronavirus, passed away at an Indore hospital on Tuesday after suffering two heart attacks, said doctors treating him.
He had taken to Twitter Tuesday morning to share the news of being Covid-19 positive. He had further added that he was admitted in the hospital and concluded with a request to not speculate and wait for him to provide an update regarding his health.
Rahat Indori was an Indian Bollywood lyricist and Urdu language, poet. He was also a former professor of Urdu language and a painter.
Among the poet’s most powerful lines are “Sabhi ka khoon hai shamil yahan ki mitti mein; Kisi ke baap ka Hindustan thodi hai.
Here’s remembering some of the most famous couplets by Rahat Indori which beautifully describes life and death
- Aañkh meñ paanī rakho hoñToñ pe chiñgārī rakho, Zinda rahnā hai to tarkībeñ bahut saarī rakho
- Ek hī naddī ke haiñ ye do kināre dosto, dostāna zindagī se maut se yaarī rakho
- Ab na Main hu, Na baki Hai Zamane mere, fir bhi Mashoor Hai Shayaro mein fasane mere
- Ye Hadsa toh Kisi Din Guzarne Vala Tha, Bach Bhi Jata Toh Ek Roz Marne Vala Tha
- Mehfil nahi rahi. Do gaz sahi, magar ye meri milkiyat to hai Aye maut, tu ne mujhko zamindaar kar diya
- Raah Mein Khatre bhi Hai, Lekin Thehrta Kon Hai, Maut Aani Hai Aaj Aa ajaye, Darta Kon Hai
- Mein Jab Mar Jau Toh Meri Alag Pehchan Likh Dena, Lahu se Meri Peshani Par Hindustan Likh Dena
He will always be remembered for his eternal words, Rest In Peace Rahat Indori!