Reema Sen is an Indian actress and model who primarily appeared in Bengali Theatre Films, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi films. She is best known for her role in Anurag Kashyap’s Gangs of Wasseypur.
As the actress turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts about Reema Sen
- Reema Sen was born in Kolkata on 29 October 1981. She completed high school from St. Thomas Girls School in Kidderpore, Kolkata, after which her family moved to Mumbai.
- Reema married businessman Shiv Karan Singh in 2012. She gave birth to a son, who is named Rudraveer, on 22 February 2013.
- In 1998, she appeared in the video of the song “Chandni Raatein” sung by Shamsa Kanwal.
- In Mumbai, she began her modelling career, appearing in a number of advertising campaigns. She then moved to films and made her acting debut with the blockbuster Telugu film Chitram, in which she acted opposite Uday Kiran, whom she later paired within Manasantha Nuvve.
- In April 2006, a Madurai court issued non-bailable warrants against Sen and Shilpa Shetty for “posing in an obscene manner” in photographs published by the Tamil newspaper Dinakaran, owned by Sun Group.
- Her first Hindi film Hum Ho Gaye Aapke flopped, and she decided to continue working in Tamil cinema.
- She ended her film career in 2012 ending as she got married. Her last Bollywood film was the Gangs of Wassepur alongside Manoj Bajpayee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Richa Chadda.