Republic Day is just about to pave its onset on January 26 (Sunday). The day is celebrated with hoisting the national flag and celebrating amongst ourselves by organising various cultural programmes across schools, colleges and various organisations across the country. The main Republic Day celebration is held in the national capital, New Delhi, at the Rajpath before the President of India.
A parade generally takes place in Delhi that and that is viewed by live audiences while many watch it on their TV sets back home. On the eve of Republic Day, the President of India is also seen distributing the prestigious Padma Awards to the civilians of the country.
Republic Day Famous Quotes, Slogans:
- We are Indians, firstly and lastly.” — B. R. Ambedkar
- “A politician will do anything to keep his job — even become a patriot.” — William Randolph Hearst
- “Democracy means nothing if people are not able to work the democracy for the common good.” — Chandra Bhushan
- Justice, liberty, equality, fraternity. May our dream of a new tomorrow come true for us. Happy 71st Republic Day 2020.
- Let us take a pledge at this republic day to live for India till the last breath of life.
- You must be the change you want to see in the World. — Mahatma Gandhi.
- A republic – if you can keep it – is about limitation, and for good reason, because we are mortal and our actions are imperfect.” — Mike Pence
- At the dawn of history, India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she [India] has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- India has two million gods and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire. – Mark Twain
- “When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous.” — Albert Einstein
- Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood… will contribute to the growth of this nation and to make it strong and dynamic. – Indira Gandhi
- The sanctity of law can be maintained only so as long as it is the expression of the will of the people.- Bhagat Singh