अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » IANS » Telangana records 1,708 new corona cases, 88% recovery rate

Telangana records 1,708 new corona cases, 88% recovery rate

Published on :

Hyderabad, Oct 13 (IANS) Even as 1,708 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Telangana in the last 24 hours, 2,009 more patients recovered to take the state’s recovery rate over 88 per cent, officials said on Tuesday.

The COVID-19 recoveries in Telangana now total 1,89,351. It has 24,208 active cases, including 19,748 in home or institutional isolation.

The state’s recovery rate now is 88.15 per cent as against a national average of 86.8 per cent.

With new cases during the last 24 hours ending 8 pm on Monday, its total tally climbed to 2,14,792.

Five more COVID-19 fatalities pushed the death toll to 1,233. The fatality rate remained at 0.57 per cent as against a national average of 1.5 per cent.

Officials said that the percentage of deaths due to COVID-19 was 44.96 while remaining 55.04 had comorbidities.

During the last 24 hours, 46,835 more tests were conducted. Of these, 45,232 samples were tested in government labs and 1,603 in private.

The Public Health and Family Welfare Director’s office said that of the total samples, 20,607 were primary and 5,620 secondary. The cumulative samples tested in Telangana are now 36,24,096.

Seventeen government and 44 private laboratories and 1,076 rapid antigen test centres are conducting the tests.

Samples tested per million population rose further to 97,369. The daily testing target is 5,600 per day as against the World Health Organisation (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day.

Out of 2,13,084 positive cases so far, 70 per cent (1,50,354) were asymptomatic while remaining 30 per cent (64,438) were symptomatic.

Of the new cases, Greater Hyderabad accounted for 277, followed by Rangareddy district at 137, Medchal Malkajgiri (124), Bhadradri Kothagudem (97), Karimnagar (86), Nalgonda (81), Khammam (81), and Nizamabad (66).

The data shows that 63.9 per cent of positive cases were in the age group of 21-50, 22.91 per cent above 51, and 13.18 per cent below 20.

Officials said that 64.64 per cent of positive cases were males and remaining 38.37 per cent females.

The data also shows that most beds in government and private hospitals treating COVID patients are vacant.

Of the 8,792 beds in 62 government COVID hospitals, 7,034 are vacant. A total of 228 private hospitals treating COVID patients have 9,167 beds, of which 6,465 are vacant.



(This story has not been edited by Newsd staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
(For more latest news and updates Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. Download our mobile app )

Latests Posts