अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » IANS » Telangana’s corona count decline continues, 894 new cases

Telangana’s corona count decline continues, 894 new cases

Published on :

Hyderabad, Nov 20 (IANS) Telangana’s decline in daily coronavirus cases continued in state capital Hyderabad and various districts as 894 new cases took the state’s tally to 2,61,729.

Four more deaths during the last 24 hours pushed the death toll to 1,423.

The fatality rate remained 0.54 per cent as against the national average of 1.5 per cent. According to Director of Public Health and Family W, 44.96 per cent of the deaths were due to COVID-19 while remaining 55.04 were on account of comorbidities.

Greater Hyderabad continued to report daily count of less than 200 new cases (154) during the last 24 hours ending 8 pm on Thursday, followed by Medchal Malkajgiri (84), Rangareddy (70), Bhadradri Kothagudem (54), Nalgonda (48) and Warangal Urban (41).

Health officials said 1,057 people recovered from the virus during the last 24 hours, taking the cumulative recoveries to 2,47,790.

The recovery rate improved further to 94.67 per cent as against the national average of 93.6 per cent.

According to the daily health bulletin, active cases in Telangana total 12,515, of which 10,245 are in home or institutional isolation.

Laboratories in the state conducted 39,448 more tests — 36,802 in government and 2,646 in private labs — during the last 24 hours, taking its total tests to 50,50,612. Eighteen government-run laboratories, 50 private laboratories and 1,076 Rapid Antigen test centres are conducting the tests.

Samples tested per million population ratio rose further to 1,35,696. The daily testing target for the state is 5,600 per day as against the World Health Organisation (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day.

Out of 2,61,728 total cases so far, 70 per cent (1,83,210) were asymptomatic and remaining 30 per cent (78,518) symptomatic.

The data shows that 63.92 per cent of positive cases were aged between 21-50, 22.91 per cent above 51, and 13.18 per cent below 20.

In 61 government-run hospitals treating COVID patients, 7,651 of the 8,561 beds are vacant and in 221 private hospitals, 6,913 of the 8,273 beds are vacant.



(This story has not been edited by Newsd staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
(For more latest news and updates Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. Download our mobile app )

Latests Posts