The top 4 ways to rename or delete a Kindle collection: Kindle groups are a great way to keep your library of books on your Kindle organized and easy to find. You’re not stuck with your collections once you make them, though. Here’s how to change the name of a Kindle collection and get rid of it.
How to remove or change the name of a Kindle collection
Any changes you make to your Kindle groups are saved on all of your devices. This means that changes you make on one device will show up on all of them. But the steps to delete or change the name of a Kindle collection will be different based on your device.
First method: On a Kindle
You can change the name of a Kindle collection or remove it from the Kindle itself.
If you want to change the name of a group, tap on the three dots next to it.
- In the top right corner of your Kindle library, tap the View button, which looks like three crosshairs.
- Pick out Collections.
- If you want to change the name of a group, tap on the three dots that appear next to it.
- Type in the new name, then tap “Rename” to confirm.
- Pick Delete Collection from the menu to get rid of a collection.
- To be sure, tap “Yes, delete.”
Step 2: On Kindle for PC
On the Kindle for PC app, here’s how to remove or change the name of collections.
Press the three dots next to a collection in Kindle for PC, then open the app. When you’re done, click “Confirm” to save the changes.
- Open Kindle for PC and go to the left pane. Then, click on Collections.
- To change a group, click on its three-dot menu.
- If you want to change the name of your group, click Rename.
- Change the name and click “Save.”
- Click on the “Delete” button to get rid of a group for good.
- To be sure, click “Delete” again.
- You could also click on the small button next to “Collections” in the side pane to make it bigger.
- Then right-click on a group and pick either Rename or Delete.
Step 3: Use the Kindle app on your phone
Here’s how to change the name of a group in the Kindle app for your phone or delete it.
Start the Kindle app, go to Library, tap the three lines in the middle to see more choices, and then tap Collections. Then, hold down on a collection and tap the edit button (pencil icon) to change its name. To get rid of the collection, tap the delete button (trashcan icon).
- Open the Kindle app and tap on Library at the bottom. Then, tap on the three lines in the upper right spot.
- To make a collection stand out, tap and hold on it while you choose Collections.
- In the upper right corner, tap the pencil icon and change the name of your collection. Then, tap the Rename button.
- Tap the trash can button in the upper right corner to get rid of the collection. Then, tap Delete to confirm.
Step 4: Go to Amazon.com
There’s also an Amazon page where you can change your library items. How to do it:
Go to Amazon.com, move your mouse over “Accounts & Lists,” and then click on “Manage Your Content and Devices.” Pick “Collections” from the “View” menu. To change the name of a group or get rid of it, click on the “x” next to it.
HOW TO DO IT STEP BY STEP
- Click on “Accounts & Lists” on Amazon.com and then click on “Manage Your Content and Devices.”
- Click on View under the “Content” tab.
- Pick out Collections.
- Click on Rename Collection next to a collection to change its name.
- Type in the new name, then click on “Rename collection.”
- Click on Delete Collection next to a collection to get rid of it.
- Click on Delete group to confirm.
- A check mark next to several collections will delete them all at once. Click Delete Collections at the top of the screen.
- Confirm the deletion.
Here are some questions that people often ask about changing the names of groups on Kindle and deleting them.
When you delete a Kindle collection, do the books go away?
No, getting rid of a Kindle collection won’t get rid of your books. Your books will still be in your Kindle cloud library after you delete that organized folder.
Can the same book be in more than one Kindle collection?
Any e-book can be in more than one Kindle library, yes.
Why is it not possible for me to change the Kindle collection that says “Uncollected”?
Books that aren’t part of any other collection are put in the “Uncollected” collection on your Kindle. It can’t be changed because that’s the only way to see the “collections” page without seeing a bunch of books that have been left behind. The ‘Uncollected’ collection will go away if all of your books are in at least one other collection.
How come my changes don’t show up on other Kindles?
Any changes you make to the Kindle library, including the groups, are instantly shared on all of your devices. If they don’t show up, make sure to click the “Sync” button in your library to make it happen.
You can change the books on your Kindle at any time. You can change their names, add or remove books, or even delete whole groups. We hope this guide helped you too. Until then!