New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) These days, festivals are not only associated with rituals. They also involve a lot of socializing with friends and families, flaunting outfits, accessories, selfies and what not. So make sure you are looking your best self this season.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist, Voonik.com and fashion stylist Pooja Renadev offer a few tips to make you dazzle this season.
* Besides looking for inspirations from the celebrities, look through your wardrobe. Pull out an offbeat sari blouse and style it with dhoti pants, a colourful dupatta and long earrings. Or drape a chiffon sari over a pair of cigar pants or even ripped jeans for a fusion look. A long jacket would look uber classy when worn with a floral long skirt or even with a pair of sleek pants. Work on your outfit ideas a few days in advance, allowing yourself some prep time.
* Opt for colours like orange, pink, emerald, royal blue and add some bling for the perfect festive looks full of happiness and excitement.
* Complete your look with complementing or matching accessories such as heels or juties, clutch or potli bags and of course, your jewelry. Harmony between the various pieces of your outfit is the absolute key to balancing your look.
* A good hairstyle can work wonders for your look. It can help cut weight off your face, making you look slimmer and some can make you look even more graceful. Plan a style, be it a straight blow dry, waves or even a top knot that complements not only your #ootd, but also your face shape.
* Minimalist makeup with the attention, on either the eyes or the lips is ideal. Avoid very dark lip colours like maroon or brown. They tend to make one look dull.
* No look is complete without your hands and feet looking groomed. Wear your nail-paint neatly, without any chipping and stains.
* Last but not the least, get sufficient sleep every night to look fresh. And just in case you don’t, worry not. Relax your eyes by lying down in a dim room with a cool pack on the eyes for about 15-20 min for a refreshed look.
* Do combine your skirts with a freshly customized lehenga blouse which has an ornamental bandh neck design. Embellishments like mirror, kundan will add on to the heaviness of the attire.
* Try adding the fabric organza into the whole combo of the attire. Organza being in vogue, dyeing it in multi colors will give an easy festive sparkle in little effort.
* Polki accessories being in trend, try incorporating a polki raanihaar or polkiwali peacock chandbali. If you want to add some loud of the accessories, just pick a kundan mangitika or a kundan nose ring.