Are you planning to buy a car, mainly hatchback? Sound it can be a good time to look forward to buying a hatchback cars.
Indian auto sector already has some great hatchbacks like Renault Kwid, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Maruti Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Tiago, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Renault Triber, Hyundai Santro, and Maruti Suzuki Wagon R to name a few.
Due to cut-throat competition, various automakers seems to be bringing hatchback, again and again, It is trying to trend what we call as the hatchback era.
Top Hatchback cars 2020:
Renault Kwid Facelift:
Renault Kwid Facelift Specifications:
Rs 2.83 lakh to Rs 4.84 lakh.
- 2019 Renault Kwid facelift comes equipped with 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre three-cylinder units.
- Five-speed manual gearbox or an AMT on the engine.
- Smaller three-cylinder petrol engine churns out 53 bhp at 5678 rpm and develops 72 Nm of peak torque at 4386 rpm, the bigger 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine produces 67 bhp at 5500 pm.
- BS4 compliant and in future will be shifted to BS6.
Fiery Red, Moonlight Silver, Ice Cool White, Outback Bronze and Electric Blue.
Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Suzuki Swift Specifications:
The BS6 compliant Maruti Suzuki Swift has priced in the range of Rs 5.14 lakh to Rs 8.89 lakh.
- BS6 compliant engine except for diesel variants.
- 1.2-litre K12B petrol engine that churns 83 bhp and 115 Nm of peak torque.
- Has 5-speed manual gearbox and an optional AMT or Auto Gear Shift (AGS) unit.
Maruti Suzuki Alto:
Maruti Suzuki Alto Specifications:
Alto 800 is priced between Rs 2.89 lakh and Rs 4.09 lakh .
- BS6-compliant, 3-cylinder, 0.8-litre engine that develops 48 hp and 69 Nm of torque.
- Motor mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Maruti Suzuki Alto gets standard safety features like driver airbag, ABS (anti-lock braking system) and EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution), reverse parking sensor, speed alert system and driver and co-driver seat belt reminder
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Specifications:
Alto K10 is available in the range of Rs 3.61 lakh and Rs 4.40 lakh
- BS4-compliant, 1.0-litre, K10B engine that produces 68 hp and 90 Nm of torque.
- Standard 5-speed manual gearbox,
- 5-speed automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno:
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Specifications:
- Rs 6.73 lakh and Rs 8.73 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Baleno RS costs Rs 8.88 lakh.
- 1.2-litre VVT petrol, 1.3-litre DDiS diesel and an all-new 1.2-litre Dual Jet, Dual VVT smart hybrid petrol.
- 1.2-litre VVT petrol motor makes 83 hp and 113 Nm of torque.
- 1.3-litre DDiS diesel churns out 75 hp and 190 Nm of torque.
- 1.2-litre Dual Jet, Dual VVT smart hybrid petrol engine produces 90 hp and 113 Nm of torque.
- standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
- CVT along with 1.2-litre VVT petrol mill.
- Baleno RS variant, powered by a 3-cylinder, 1.0-litre Boosterjet DITC petrol engine.
- Engine produces 102 hp and 150 Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Tata Tiago Specifications:
- Tata Tiago is priced between 4.60 lakh to 5.50 lakh.
- 1,199cc in an in-line three layout and produces 86PS at 6,000rpm and 113Nm of torque at 3,300rpm.
The five-speed manual gearbox as standard and an optional AMT.
- Revotorq 1.3L (diesel) engine delivers optimum power of 70 PS with the highest torque in the segment – 140 Nm at 3000 RPM.
- Comes with Gear Shift.
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Specifications:
- From Rs 3.69 lakh (ex-showroom India) and goes up to Rs 4.91 lakh (ex-showroom India).
- BS6-compliant 1.0-litre three-cylinder K-Series petrol engine that will produce 67 bhp at 5,500 rpm and 90 Nm of peak torque at 3,500 rpm.
- Mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox along with an AMT option as well.
- S-Presso is offered in four key variants including Standard, LXI, VXI, and VXI+.
- The four variants further have 10 options based on trims and transmission choices.
- The variants are Standard, Standard (O), LXI, LXI (O), VXI, VXI (O), VXI+, VXI AGS, VXI (O) AGS, and VXI+ AGS.
Renault Triber Specifications:
- Rs 4.95 lakh and Rs 6.49 lakh.
- 1.0-litre, three-cylinder engine that belts out 71 bhp and 96 Nm of peak torque.
- The engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard and tips the scale at 947 kg.
It also has a push-button start, USB charging at the front, 12V charges for second and third-row passengers, reverse camera, cooled glove box, climate control, separate air-condition control for rear passengers and keyless entry.
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R:
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Specifications:
Rs 5.10 lakh to Rs 5.91 lakh
- BS6 compliant engine.
- 1.2-litre K12B petrol engine that is tuned to churn out 83 bhp and 115 Nm of peak torque.
Diesel variant yet to come with BS6 compliant engine.
Ford Figo facelift:
Ford Figo facelift Specifications:
- Ford Figo facelift starts at Rs 5.15 lakh and goes up to 7.74 lakh.
- 1.2-litre three-cylinder TiVCT petrol engine that churns out 94 bhp and develops 120 Nm of peak torque.
- Ford Figo facelift gets 1.5 litre TDCi engine that belts out 99 bhp and 215 Nm of torque.
- Both these engines are paired to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Ford Figo facelift is also offered with a 6-speed automatic transmission which is paired to a 1.5-litre petrol engine that develops massive power of 121 bhp.
- Three variants of Ford Figo facelift including Ambiente, Titanium and Blue.