अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » IANS » Two of family die after eating ‘poisonous’ meal

Two of family die after eating ‘poisonous’ meal

Published on :

Ranchi, Feb 10 (IANS) Two of eight members of a family died and the remaining six were taken ill in Jharkhand’s Gumla district on Sunday after allegedly consuming poisonous food, police said.

According to the police, Salen Tigga and his family had eaten meat with rice on Saturday night. Around midnight, all of them started vomiting. They were rushed to a hospital where 12-year-old Neha Tigga died on Sunday morning, and another family member breathed there his last during treatment in Ranchi.

The rest six family members have also been rushed for treatment. Their condition is said to be serious.

“The meal allegedly contained poison used in farming to kill the insects. The post-mortem report will clear the exact reason of deaths,” said Sujan Munda, a doctor who at the Gumla hospital.

The Police have also registered a case of death due to poison.

The villagers suspect some foul play behind the incident. Some of the villagers have indicated that the family was being targeted over a love affair case.



(This story has not been edited by Newsd staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
(For more latest news and updates Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. Download our mobile app )

Latests Posts