After the announcement of the Unlock 1.0 by the Prime Minister of India, several states have given relaxations regarding inter and intrastate movements. Kerala announced a series of measures to ease the coronavirus lockdown even as curfew in containment areas until June 30 will continue and there will be no entry into the state without passes.
“People who come for brief visits and businesses are exempted but they will have to produce travel details. We cannot take chances now. More than 75% of the state’s [Covid-19] cases are imported,” said Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
He added interstate travelers will have to apply for passes.
On Wednesday, June 3, Dr D Sajith Babu, Kasaragod district collector, Mangaluru, has issued guidelines for the movement of people between Kerala and Karnataka. Dakshina Kannada DC Sindhi B Roopesh has also confirmed that SOP(Standard Operating Process) is required for interstate travel movement of daily commuters.
DC granted permission for the movement of people between states and has issued an SOP. Several guidelines have been issued for the inter ad intrastate movement. Here are the ways to apply for e-pass:
- The passes will only be issued to medical and other professionals, government officials, and students who require to travel daily.
- For e-pass to travel to Dakshina Kannada district from Kasaragod district of Kerala, one
- For people travelling to Kasaragod from D.K., the passes issued by Kasargod District Administration shall be presented at TalapadyCheckpost.
- All the necessary details about the traveling like the origin and destination locations, the complete work address at DK shall be mentioned in the pass. The applicant shall upload Aadhar, Proof of workplace(clinic registration, letter of the employer, work/student ID, etc).
- The pass will be issued by the Assistant Commissioner, Mangaluru Sub-Division which will be valid till 30.06.2020 unless it is revoked due to misuse or misrepresentation.
- The pass details will be recorded at Talapadicheckpost where the individuals traveling with this pass shall enter their necessary details. Any person who fails to report during exit from DK will be quarantined by the Faluk Administration and strict action will be taken as per the Epidemics act.
- Thermal screening of all persons entering DK on daily passes will be conducted at Talapadi Checkpost and only those who are asymptomatic will be allowed to enter.
- The pass is valid only for traveling to and from the workplace and any -deviation detected will result in a penalty.
- The travelers are bound to follow all health advisories given by the Department of Health, Government of Karnataka.
- It is clarified that all the guidelines regarding Sevasindhu registration and quarantine conditions will continue for other categories of travelers coming into DK.
According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Kerala reported 86 in the last 24 hours. With this, the total number of coronavirus cases in the state has reached to 1,412. As many as 11 people have died in the state due to coronavirus. There are 774 active cases in the state while at least 627 people have been recovered from the infection.